Thursday, May 22, 2008

Tracking my speed

Ever since I stopped using my Garmin Forerunner 201 (I can't seem to find the cradle, which means I can't charge the device), I've had problems training for my 2.4km runs (one part of IPPT). I have difficulty in tracking exactly the distances that I'm running (I run around my neighbourhood, not at a running track), and also stopped doing interval training (no accurate way of measuring time and distance).

I was looking at the Polar RS200SD as a possible replacement, but at about S$400, it's quite a sum to pay. Then, Nike recently came out with the Nike+ Sportband, which at S$99 (if I'm not mistaken) is an easier pill to swollow. But it needs Nike+ shoes (sensor is placed inside the shoes), so that means extra cost...

After quite a bit of surfing and going through reviews, I decided to...not buy it, and go to the nearest track (with measured distances) to run. That would be Punggol Park...

I have about 6 months to clear my IPPT...Better start training.

No comments: