Sunday, May 22, 2016
Tuesday, February 23, 2016
- fast camera startup [double-press home button]
- fast auto-focus
- zero shutter lag
- motion photo feature is useful [shoots 3 seconds of video before you press shutter]
- high default shutter speed in auto mode [a good thing, as it results in less blurry shots]
- manual behaviour in Pro mode a little strange [doesn't seem to allow shutter speed adjustment only; once i start adjusting shutter speed, sensitivity becomes ISO50 and exposure compensation kicks in]
|Auto mode, HDR off, f/1.7, ISO100, 1/100s|
|Auto mode, HDR off, f/1.7, ISO80, 1/100s|
|Auto mode, HDR off, f/1.7, ISO125, 1/100s|
Friday, October 23, 2015
- 19.5GB free of 23.3GB out of the box
- magnetic locking mechanism quite sturdy;
- mousepad sensitivity ok; Windows 8 gestures working without issues
- keyboard travel ok, not too mushy
- switched display to 150% magnification
- device runs ok on Chrome with 5-6 tabs
- speakers surprisingly not bad; front facing layout helps; headphone out ok also
- installed KeyTweak; converted
- Right Shift into Page Up
- Right Alt into Page Down
- Windows key into Search
- made using the device even more efficient
- as expected, IE runs smoother than resource-intensive Chrome
Thursday, December 25, 2014
Saturday, September 27, 2014
Background: currently use a BlackBerry Q5 (phone), Nokia 808 (camera), and Samsung Galaxy Tab (tablet) on a daily basis. I also lug around a Asus Vivotab Note 8.
The new hybrid keyboard is softly sprung (yeah, less stiff than Q5), good amount of travel (more than Q10); but as expected, the bottom row of keys is difficult to reach with your thumb, as it is too close to the bottom edge of the device.
The Passport is so wide that one-handed typing is difficult; this is compounded by the usual security attachment behind handphones when placed as demo units inside a telco shop.
Wednesday, August 13, 2014
Just purchased the Asus VivoTab Note 8, 64GB version (8 Aug 2014); was on offer for S$399 [free VersaSleeve, Wedge keyboard].
To be honest, it's not been a bed of roses.
It's my first experience of Windows 8, and it seems the curse of alternating good and bad Windows OS continues.
- Windows XP [good]
- Windows Vista [bad]
- Windows 7 [good]
- Windows 8 [bad]
Monday, December 17, 2012
Friday, September 28, 2012
Monday, July 16, 2012
Dynamism - Tainell U-Touch 500
UMPCs have been virtually extinct ever since Apple's iPad appeared.
As usual, I was moaning about this on UMPC Portal. One comment recently pointed out a new UMPC.
Haven't heard of Tainell before, but the specs look respectable. Price is quite expensive though. The highest spec version is selling at US$1,199.Didn't manage to find a review online.