Monday, December 17, 2012
Friday, September 28, 2012
Monday, July 16, 2012
Dynamism - Tainell U-Touch 500
UMPCs have been virtually extinct ever since Apple's iPad appeared.
As usual, I was moaning about this on UMPC Portal. One comment recently pointed out a new UMPC.
Haven't heard of Tainell before, but the specs look respectable. Price is quite expensive though. The highest spec version is selling at US$1,199.Didn't manage to find a review online.
Friday, June 08, 2012
Friday, June 01, 2012
Am hooked on Modern Family; now catching up from Season 1 onwards... Finding it difficult to find streams that work. Just remembered a trick that my brother discovered. English shows found on Chinese video sites. Chinese shows found on English video sites.
Prime example here.
Sunday, May 27, 2012
An example of why BBC is still better than Sky in its coverage of F1. Great segment, with the sporting Mclaren drivers trying out presenting and producing respectively.
Great video shot with the Nex-5N, and the detailed setup provided by Johnnie Behiri is great. It does show that a consumer camera can achieve great things, but quite a lot of additional gear is needed. Just look at notes under the video.
- Lenses: the kit 16mm f/2.8 and 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 lenses (my decision using those lenses was based on their "off the shelf availability").
- Creative style: "Sunset". Settings: contrast -3, saturation -1, sharpness -3.
- Format: AVCHD 1080/25
- Tripod: Sachtler DV8 SB
- Rig: Vocas
- Camera bag: Kata FlyBy 76
- Audio: Tascam DR-100 recorder, Sennheiser G2 EW100 wireless system, Sanken Lav mic, Cos 11D
- Electronic VF: Cineroid Metal HDMI version
- Light: Cineroid mini LED light L2C
- Editing: Adobe Premiere CS2 with Cineform Neo4k
- Color correction: Cineform “FirstLight”
Useful tips on how to shoot a car review video. Maybe it's weird to talk about that, but that's what came to my mind while watching it.
- piece to camera
- shots of non-car stuff to act as fillers (e.g. paying toll, filling up at petrol stations)
- shots of the scenery
- wide shot of both cameraman and driver from back
- music and actual audio fade in and out