Thursday, February 10, 2011

An easy way to use Opera Mini on the desktop

Java in the Field: OMLDSuite V0.2 released
Regular offthebeatenpath readers will know that my favorite internet browser is Opera Mini. So I was glad that I found an easy way to use this mobile browser on a PC desktop environment.

Click on the link above and follow the steps. You do have to click on 'Accept' a few times during the installation process (slightly omitted from the instructions provided), but overall, it's really easy.

Now I can surf at a reasonable speed, even when the internet speed is slow. Using the mobile browser also means access to mobile versions of websites, which I normally prefer as I do not need to scan the content horizontally. Many websites these days can be quite cluttered, and using the mobile version is faster and easier.

No comments: