Deciding factor was a bit weird, really. Didn't want to reward Lenovo for making it so hard for consumers to buy one of their AMD E-350 laptops.
Anyway, got the DM1 for S$699 with free 4GB RAM upgrade. First impressions are mixed.
- screen is glossy, but not too much reflections
- still getting used to the screen brightness; full brightness a little too bright, one step down a little too much
- high CPU usage; really need to find out which are the bloatware, and to uninstall them. lots of HP software installed by default
- removed Norton Anti-virus; replaced with Microsoft Security Essentials
- Keyboard is large, but keystroke a little shallow, compared to the Asus A42JV that my brother and I are sharing
- the sloping design is good for wrists; won't have carpal tunnel syndrome
- build quality a little iffy; panel gaps not consistent, speaker grill a little off already
- seems the singapore version comes with a 500GB 5400rpm hard disk :(