Thursday, December 02, 2004

Not a Minute More: A Call to End Violence Against Women

Not a Minute More: A Call to End Violence Against Women
I often get asked by people, why, as a male, how come I'm a volunteer of AWARE, a women's organisation. I was free [unemployed] when I saw a call for volunteers in the sgdaily mailing list. But as I joined & learned more about the issues at hand, I think now I know the reason why. There are so many issues for us to be concerned about, Aids, the disabled, the aged, the list can go on. But women share half of the world that we live in, and yet they are not treated equally. This lack of equality is blatantly glaring in the supposedly modern world that we live in. So back to the question of "Why?". Because they are entitled to equality, and not a minute too soon.
More links, here & here.

No comments: